Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I just found the best wheat-free, egg-free, sugar-free cookie recipe. And it still tastes good. Shocker, I know. It comes from this Cookbook, although I adapted it a little.

2 medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup (60 ml) raw coconut oil 

1/4 cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) pure vanilla extract

1 cup (240 ml) old-fashioned rolled oats

2/3 cup (160 ml) sorghum flour (or brown rice flour)
1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda

1/2 cup (120 ml) shredded unsweetened coconut

pinch fine sea salt

1/4 cup (60 ml) semi sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
In a medium bowl, combine bananas, oil, syrup, and vanilla. In a separate medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, coconut and salt. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and blend until just combined (do not over mix). Fold in the chocolate chips.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop batter by heaping teaspoons onto the sheet. Place in oven and bake 14 minutes (or less depending on your oven) or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and place directly on a wire rack to cool.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete